|Home page | About us | Contacts | Search|
Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia
Today Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia is one of the leading state higher educational institutions of Russia. It is the only university in the world every year uniting students from 140 countries. The University has a multiprofile structure of faculties and majors, typical for classical universities of the world. More than 77 thousand graduates of the University work in 170 countries, ...
University -> Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (PRUE)
Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (PRUE)
Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (PRUE) dates back to 1907 when the Commercial Institute of the Moscow Society for Spreading Commercial Education was opened and then in 1919 it was renamed as Moscow Plekhanov Institute of National Economy. In 1991 it became Plekhanov Russian Academy of Economics and in 2010 it obtained the status of a University.
Now the University functions as a diversified educational and scientific complex. PRUE is the leading Russian research university in the field of economics, management, law, logistics and commodity research, carrying out complex educational programs.
When the Commercial Institute of the Moscow Society for Spreading Commercial Education was established it was virtually the first institution of higher education in Russia that trained highly qualified professionals for the growing industries of the national economy.
The history of the Russian University of Economics is closely connected with the trade and industrial world of Moscow. At the end of the 19th century the Moscow Society for Spreading Commercial Education was established by the initiative of the first-guild merchant, a famous member of the Russian financial circles Alexey Vishnyakov. In 1903 funds raised by Moscow merchants, bankers and manufacturers were used to build a commercial school for men in the Zamoskvorechye district of Moscow, in Stremyanny lane. It was designed by architect S. Zelenko. Three years later, in 1906, a similar commercial school for women was built nearby in Zatsepa Street. The building with the church attached to it were constructed. The above-mentioned commercial schools situated practically on the same territory merged in 1907 thanks to the initiative of A.Vishnyakov to set up Moscow Commercial Institute, which was the first institution of this kind in Russia and was among the first ones in Europe. At the same time one more building was added to the complex to provide better facilities.
On the19th of February 1907 a new building of the institute was unveiled and consecrated. Since that time the Institute history began. The foundation of Moscow Commercial Institute was the starting point of shaping the system of higher commercial and economic education in Russia. The Institute had two departments: economic-commercial and technical departments. The specialisation started in the last years of studies. Students could specialize in different fields: labour and industry legislation, local government and local economy, bank and insurance business, sanitary, factory and trading commodity research, factory inspection of customs business, foreign trade agency.
Moscow Commercial Institute became the first institution of higher economic education in Russia and a model for all other higher commercial schools set up later in the country.
Under the Soviet Government the Institute changed its name for Moscow Institute of National Economy. It opened the first Labour Department in the country, which attracted large numbers of young people. In 1924 Moscow Institute of National Economy was named after an outstanding scientist Georgy Valentinovich Plekhanov. At present the University is still proud of bearing this name.
In 1960s the institute began to diversify and a few more Departments were added.
The University has a wide network of branches: in Tashkent (Uzbekistan), Ulan Bator (Mongolia), Yerevan (Armenia), Yekaterinburg. Besides there are representative offices of the University in Samara and Saransk.
The academic staff comprises over 160 professors, doctors of sciences, more than 550 associate professors work at the University. Among the teachers of PRUE there are 3 academicians of the Russian Academy of Sciences: Ivanter V.V., Petrakov N.J., Hasbulatov R.I..
The famous Soviet and Russian hockey player V.A.Fetisov works at the Department of Sports Industry.
The University has over 13 thousand students who are offered more than 30 specialities and specialisations. For more than a hundred years of work the University has trained over 150 thousand experts in many branches of national economy, spheres of management, science, higher education.
The University carries out training of scientific and pedagogical staff through postgraduate and doctoral education on twenty scientific specialities of economic, technical, chemical, historical, philosophical and legal fields.
Over 100 PhD and 20 doctoral dissertations are presented for approval to 13 Dissertational Boards annually.
The University was one of the first to start implementing the two-level system of training experts in the field of economy. The first Bachelor degree programs in two fields: “Economy” and “Management” were introduced in 1993.
The University has partnership agreements on students exchange and cooperation under programs of the double and triple diploma with universities and business schools from over 30 countries throughout Europe, Asia and overseas.
On pagehttp://www.rea.ru/Main.aspx?page=Abiturientu you can find all the information concerning the admission rules of Plekhanov Russian University of Economics.
The Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (PFUR) announces the beginning of admission of foreign citizens who graduated from Bachelor and Specialist Degree programs of PFUR and other Russian and foreign universities, for Master Degree programs of the 2016/2017 academic year.