|Home page | About us | Contacts | Search|
Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia
Today Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia is one of the leading state higher educational institutions of Russia. It is the only university in the world every year uniting students from 140 countries. The University has a multiprofile structure of faculties and majors, typical for classical universities of the world. More than 77 thousand graduates of the University work in 170 countries, ...
University -> Moscow State University of Mechanical Engineering (MAMI)
Moscow State University of Mechanical Engineering (MAMI)
The life of the Moscow State Technical University “ MAMI” started with the foundation of a small vocational school in Moscow in 1865 , which later turned into one of the leading secondary vocational schools in tsarist Russia – Komisarovskaya Technical School (KTS) served as such a step and the beginning of complicated but bright history of the University’s development. The activity of this school had a profound effect on establishment and improvement of Russian vocational education.
The KTS history began at the end of 1864 when the members of the First Arbatskoe Department of the Ladies’ Trusteeship for the poor in Moscow decided to establish at the Department a small two-years’ vocational school for orphans and children of poor parents with teaching of tailoring, shoemaking and bookbinding trades. In September 1865 this school was founded by engineer Christian Christianovich Meyen with the means of Peter Ionovich Gubonin , a rich railway entrepreneur.
In 1870 , when the School had already more than 200 pupils , again on the initiative of the largest Moscow manufacturers the Ministry of Trade and Industry reorganized the School into a technical school with five-years’ term of study for training foremen for industrial enterprises. In connection with it the decision was made to build industrial workshops instead of the training workshops owned by the School.
The Moscow manufacturers rendered the School great assistance in this difficult business. The School undertook radical reorganization on their donations, realized the construction of educational and manufacturing buildings , purchased the educational equipment. Besides, the Moscow manufacturers transferred to the School without compensation the machine-tools, the machinery , the tools which at that time were the significant material base for professional training of future foremen and technicians.
During the long period of the School’s existence there appeared the exceptionally qualified teaching staff. Many of the staff members were awarded the title of Merited teacher. Among them we can mention State Councillor, Merited teacher of mathematics Ivan Vasilyevich Krasnopevtsev who graduated from the physical-mathematical faculty of the Emperor Moscow University in 1883 and taught in the KTS from 1884; Merited teacher of history, State Councillor Sergey Alexandrovich Rashkov, who graduated from the historical-philological faculty of the Emperor Moscow University in 1885 with the Doctor’s degree and worked in the KTS from 1885, executing simultaneously the duties of the Secretary of the School’s Pedagogical Council ; Merited teacher of mechanics and electrical engineering , State Councillor Mikhail Yakovlevich Kulchitskiy who graduated from the Emperor Moscow Higher Technical School with honours and worked in the KTS from 1886; Merited teacher of physics and mathematics, State Councillor Mikhail Petrovich Chizhevskiy, who graduated from the physical-mathematical faculty of the Emperor Moscow University with the Doctor’s degree and taught mathematics in the KTS from 1886.
Future professors of the MAMI worked for many years in the KTS, among them Valentin Alexandrovich Alexandrov, Ivan Vasilyevich Gribov, future Academician of the USSR Academy of Sciences Viktor Sergeevich Kulebakin, Professor Dmitriy Konstantinovich Karelskikh, Assistant Professor Mikhail Grigoriyevich Tikhmenev and many others.
More than 50 years before the October Revolution Komissarov Technical College (KTC) was successfully training highly specialized technicians for the Russian industry including specialists for the auto industry. Its activities in this field gained high professional prestige and acknowledgement in Russia.
After the revolution in 1919 KTC was reorganized into the First Moscow Mechanical and Electrical Engineering school named after Lomonosov M.V. (Lomonosov school) comprising the following five departments: internal combustion engines, automobile, steam engineering, metal processing and electrical engineering of heavy currents.
It was Ivan Vasilyevitch Gribov who was appointed Chairman of Presidium of the Lomonosov School. Later on, after the recreation of the Moscow Auto-Mechanical Institute in 1939 he became the first dean of the auto and tractor department being at the same time the head of the “Automobile Maintenance” Chair.
However, the reorganization of the Komissarov College into the Lomonosov School was not successful enough to meet the demands of machine-building industry and prepare well-trained highly qualified specialists. Therefore, in 1920 the Lomonosov School was reorganized again and given the name of “The Lomonosov Practical Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Institute”.
The Lomonosov Institute trained practicing engineers for vehicles manufacturing and maintenance specializing in automobile, internal combustion engines, machinery and electrical engineering.
On January 5, 1922 the decision was reached to reorganize the Lomonosov Moscow Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Institute into a higher technical educational institution – the Moscow Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Institute named after Lomonosov M.V.
In 1930 the Moscow Institute of Mechanization and Electrification named after Molotov V.M. was established on the basis of both the industrial farming department of the Lomonosov Institute and the Moscow Agricultural Academy named after Timiryasev K.A. The right of teaching power engineering disciplines previously studied at the Lomonosov institute was passed on to the newly formed Moscow Power Engineering Institute while the right to teach all aircraft engines disciplines was transferred to the Moscow Aviation Institute (MAI) and to the Military and Aircraft Academy named after Zhukovsky N.E. After reorganization of the Moscow Mechanical and Machine Building Institute (MMMBI) (later - the Bauman Moscow Higher Technical School) tractor and auto disciplines previously delivered at the mechanical department of the MMMBI were transferred to the Lomonosov Institute.
Due to this reorganization in 1930 the Lomonosov Institute acquired the status of a specialized branch auto and tractor higher educational technical institution - the Moscow Auto and Tractor Institute named after Lomonosov M.V. Professor Krzhizhanovsky G.M. (later on - an academician of the USSR Academy of Sciences) was elected Rector of this institute.
On July 3, 1939 the USSR Council of Ministers adopted a resolution allowing the USSR Ministry of Special Machinery Industry to found the Auto-Mechanical Institute in 1939/40 academic year in Moscow.
According to this resolution on July 11, 1939 the All-Union Committee for Higher School Problems of the USSR Council of Ministers issued the order “About the Establishment of the Moscow Auto-Mechanical Institute”. This order also specified the quota of 400 students to be admitted to both full-time and part-time departments.
The 1980s are characterized by the development of a new type of cooperation between MAMI and manufacture : at that time branch chairs were established at some enterprises of the automobile industry, such as AZLK, NAMI, LIAZ, NIIAVTOPROM, NIIAVTOPRIBOR, NPO “Electronica”,ATE1, ATE 2, GPZ 1 ,GPZ 2 and others. By 1980 owing to the investments to the Moscow Olympic Games preparatory work the Institute had been able to construct one more hostel and a sports hall. This sports hall was employed for boxing and wrestling trainings while in the sports hall in building “B” trainings in gymnastics and heavy athletics were conducted. This sufficiently improved conditions for trainings and sports competitions. Besides, there were some other sports facilities, such as a rented swimming-pool, a shooting gallery, a stadium, light athletics manege for training in winter time, which gave students a possibility to go in for one of 17 kinds of sports, prepare combined students’ teams to take part and suitably represent MAMI at various regional, municipal and all-union competitions.
The order of the Ministry of education and science of Russia № 2898 from December 28, 2011 proclaimed that Moscow State Technical University MAMI and Moscow State University of Environmental Engineering are reorganized through merger of MSUEE to the MSTU «MAMI» as a structural division.
In April, 2012 joint University was named “Federal state budgetary educational institution of higher professional education “Moscow State University of Mechanical Engineering”.
On page http://www.mami.ru/index.php?id=427 you can find all the information concerning the admission rules of Moscow State University of Mechanical Engineering.
Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN-university) invites enrollees and students to test your knowledge in Сhemistry and Biology within the framework of the Open olympiad of RUDN-university
The Olympiad is held in cooperation with the Asia-Pacific Institute of Management, Asia-Pacific Career Launcher (APCL) New-Delhi, on August, 14th 2017
The Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (PFUR) announces the beginning of admission of foreign citizens who graduated from Bachelor and Specialist Degree programs of PFUR and other Russian and foreign universities, for Master Degree programs of the 2016/2017 academic year.